Southern Security Services Ltd treats the privacy of its customers and others with care and respect, and we take appropriate measures to safeguard their personal data. This notice explains how we collect, use, protect and share personal data.
WHAT WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including your residential address, your business address, telephone numbers and email address.
- The name and contact details of key-holders who act on your behalf.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
WHY WE MAY COLLECT YOUR DATA
To enable us to provide the service you have enquired about, subsequently contracted to accept or to enable us to contact you to provide assistance in managing your security system.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to provide external services relating to your security system such as response to activations by the police or fire and rescue service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These include password protected computer screens and locked cabinets for hard copy documentation.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
At your request, you have the right to:
- Access your personal information that we hold. We aim to provide this within one week of your written request. Note, we may require you to provide personal ID evidence.
- Have your personal information rectified if there is an error.
- Have your personal information erased should we no longer have a contractual relationship for service or maintenance.
- Opt-out from receiving our communications.
If you choose to exercise any of your rights above, please send the details of what you require to the Managing Director at Southern Security Services Ltd, Unit 5, The Glenmore Centre, Fancy Road, Poole, BH12 4FB.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Your personal data will be deleted within one month whenever a contract for service is terminated. However, anonymous information relating to the security installation such as visit records and specifications may be held in archive should you subsequently decide to re-engage with us in the future.
You may request details of your personal information, which we hold under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for which there may be a small fee.
If you believe that your personal data has been compromised, or you wish to raise a complaint, please write to us at the address above where we will investigate with the aim of providing an initial response to you within three working days.
If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with any complaint in relation to the use of your personal information you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, 0303 1231113 or at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Southern Security Services Limited respects your rights under the GDPR to control your personal data
Southern Security Services Limited, collect and use certain types of information about the Individuals or Service Users who come into contact with Southern Security Services Limited, in order to carry out our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with appropriately whether its collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure this under GDPR.
Personal information that we may collect and process includes:
Personal Data that allows Southern Security Services Limited to communicate with you, we collect your contact information, such as your name, job title, postal address, telephone numbers, email address, username or other addresses and registration information you provide on our website. This information is collected to allow us to send you, specification, quotations, messages and other company information.
To help Southern Security Services Limited, to do business with you we may collect information such as the types of products and services that may interest you, product preferences, creditworthiness, marketing preferences and demographic data.
Southern Security Services Limited collect information regarding transactions, how you interact with us, including purchases, enquiries, customer account information, orders and contract information, delivery details, billing and financial data, details for taxes, transaction and correspondence history, and information about how you use and interact with our websites.
Southern Security Services Limited collect information to help protect our interests, to protect against fraud, conflicts of interest, internal verification and information for the protection of our premises, this could include but not limited to video recording
Southern Security Services Limited install security system that are capable of recording system and event information that Southern Security Services Limited may be able to access at a later date, This information may include alarm system data, access control data and video data. In some circumstances, this information may be Personal Data. The nature and extent of the information collected by our products will vary based on the type and function of the product and the type of services for which they are used, subject to applicable laws.
- Data Controller
Southern Security Services Limited is the Data Controller under the GDPR, which means that it determines what purposes personal information is held, and or what is processed. It is also responsible for notifying the Information Commissioner of the data it holds or is likely to hold, and the general purposes that this data will be processed.
The purposes of processing
Fulfilling your orders for products or services and related activities, such as product and service delivery, customer service, account and billing management, support and training, product update and safety related notices, and to provide other services related to your purchase.
Managing our contractual obligations and your ongoing relationship with us, including interacting with you, for ongoing corrective and preventative maintenance, analysing and improving the products and services we offer, informing you about our products or services, as well as special offers and promotions.
Ensuring the security of our websites, networks and systems, and premises, as well as protecting us against fraud.
Managing our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfilment, corporate governance, audit, reporting and legal compliance.
Southern Security Services Limited may share data with other agencies such as the local authority, Police, Monitoring Stations, funding bodies and other voluntary agencies.
The Individual/Service User will be made aware in most circumstances how and with whom their information will be shared. We may use third parties to provide or perform services or function on our behalf, this may involve making personal information available to theses third parties, to undertake the services and or functions required. Any processing of the personal information will be provided only to the third party on our specific instruction and will be in compatibility with the original purpose that the date was collected.
There are circumstances where the law allows Southern Security Services Limited to disclose data (including sensitive data) without the data subject’s consent.
- Carrying out a legal duty or as authorised by the Secretary of State
- Protecting vital interests of an Individual/Service User or other person
- The Individual/Service User has already made the information public
- Conducting any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights
- Monitoring for equal opportunities purposes – i.e. race, disability or religion
- Providing a confidential service where the Individual/Service User’s consent cannot be obtained or where it is reasonable to proceed without consent: e.g. where we would wish to avoid forcing stressed or ill Individuals/Service Users to provide consent signatures.
Southern Security Services Limited regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to successful working, and to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal.
Southern Security Services Limited intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
To this end, Southern Security Services Limited will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the current data privacy laws GDPR.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
- Shall not be retained longer than as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was intended i.e. for the duration of the contract and period thereafter as legally permitted by the current data privacy laws GDPR.
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act GDPR,
- Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information,
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Individuals/Service Users in relation to the processing of personal information.
Southern Security Services Limited will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
- Ensure the quality of information used
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under GDPR. These include:
- The right to be informed that processing is being undertaken,
- The right of access to one’s personal information
- The right to prevent processing in certain circumstances.
- The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information.
- Take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard personal information
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards
- Treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information
- Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information
- Data collection
Informed consent is when
- An Individual/Service User clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with, the possible consequences of them agreeing or refusing the proposed use of the data
- And then gives their consent.
Southern Security Services Limited will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form.
When collecting data, Southern Security Services Limited will ensure that the Individual/Service User:
- Clearly understands why the information is needed
- Understands what it will be used for and what the consequences are should the Individual/Service User decide not to give consent to processing
- As far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed
- Is, as far as reasonably practicable, competent enough to give consent and has given so freely without any duress
- Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
- Data Storage
Information and records relating to Individual/service users will be stored securely at Southern Security Services Limited premises which is protected by a monitored intruder alarm system and CCTV system. Printed documentation is stored in lockable cabinets, electronic data is stored on individual password protected PC’s each PC is backed up to password protected removable hard drives, and will only be accessible to authorised staff.
Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required statute and will be disposed of appropriately.
It is Southern Security Services Limited responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
6. Data access and accuracy
All Individuals/Service Users have the right to access the information Southern Security Services Limited holds about them. Southern Security Services Limited will also take reasonable steps to ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes.
In addition, Southern Security Services Limited will ensure that:
- Everyone processing personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately trained to do so
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately supervised
- Anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
- It deals promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
- It describes clearly how it handles personal information
- It will regularly review and audit the ways it hold, manage and use personal information
- It regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information
- All staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them
- Data Deletion
Once printed data is no longer require or is no longer needed or relevant to Southern Security Services Limited for them to undertake their responsibilities for which the data was originally intended, the data is destroyed by a GDPR compliant, secure document shredding company. A certificate of destruction would be issued but the secure document shredding company. Southern security services will delete from their PC’s and back up’s all electronic data that is no longer require or is needed or relevant to Southern Security Services Limited for them to undertake their responsibilities for which the data was originally intended.
- Data Breaches
Southern Security Services Limited understands its legal requirement to report a data breach to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) within 72 hours in the event of a data breach, and will contact all persons that the breach may have an effect on.
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Privacy Laws.
To obtain access to information about data that Southern Security Services Limited may have about you, please make your request to Southern Security Services Limited, Unit 5 The Glenmore Centre, Fancy Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4 FB, in writing. Your request will be answered within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way you request has been handled by Southern Security Services Limited you have the right to contact the Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, 0303 1231113 or at http://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Fire Alarm Systems
Automated Gates & Doors
Why Choose Us?
Fully Qualified Team
Well Established Business
24 Hour Service
Friendly Service Assured
Free Help and Advice
Tel: 01202 765948